Lux in Spelunca

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IT'S READY!...what's ready you say? Spelunca 3.0 silly. WHAT ARE YOU SITTING AROUND FOR?! REGISTER!

Keywords

Latest topics

» Lux 3.0 coming soon to a Spelunca near you.
Anime movies and shows EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 10:37 pm by BriaB

» Concerning the move
Anime movies and shows EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 11:59 pm by MicBoring

» Why the restriction?
Anime movies and shows EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 11:56 pm by MicBoring

» A bit of caution before posting in here.
Anime movies and shows EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 5:03 pm by ChocoGizmo

» Grave of the Fireflies
Anime movies and shows EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 9:26 pm by ChocoGizmo

» Why??
Anime movies and shows EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 8:47 pm by ChocoGizmo

» UPDATED! - Spam, post quality, avatar/signature dimensions, and placement guidelines
Anime movies and shows EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:41 am by ChocoGizmo

» I did it (how to use the gallery)!!!!
Anime movies and shows EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 6:58 pm by ChocoGizmo

» What's the point of the Gallery?
Anime movies and shows EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 3:20 pm by ChocoGizmo

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

4 posters

Anime movies and shows

KatnissEverdeen
    KatnissEverdeen

Anime movies and shows Empty Anime movies and shows

Post by KatnissEverdeen Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:23 pm

This is for all you anime fans out there... You are not alone..... My favorite Anime Tv show is YuYu Hakusho....
    ChocoGizmo
    ChocoGizmo
    Chocolate Assistant Admin #1

Anime movies and shows Empty Re: Anime movies and shows

Post by ChocoGizmo Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:57 pm

Laputa, Howl's moving castle, and Spirited Away are the only ones I've seen.
    BriaB
    BriaB

Post by BriaB Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:42 am

Ah..an anime thread...Wink

For shows I like Inuyasha/Inuyasha:Final Act, Naruto/Naruto:Shippuden, Lucky Star, and recently Sgt. Frog.

Inuyasha is awesome. It's like, romance, action, fantasy, and humor all rolled into one! And done in a very tasteful way. The thing I have to say about this one though is that they talk about demons and stuff a lot. In fact the whole show's kinda about that in a way Sarcasm The only thing you really have to remember though is that in Japan and in the Buddhist religion demons are different from the way our Catholic religion sees them. There's a huge culture difference and stuff...I don't think it's a bad show, just be aware of that. Other than that there's some minimal swearing and definitely violence at parts. Probably rated PG13 I'd say.

Naruto is another really awesome one but don't watch it unless you want to get totally addicted to it Sarcasm It's basically an awesome ninja show! Lots of action and humor in this one. Things to be careful about, minimal swearing (I am of the belief that most all animes have this problem Sarcasm), DEFINITELY violence (they're ninja so you have to expect that..), and maybe some religious contradictions? IDK if I'd really call it that...I find it less offensive than Inuyasha in that sense, and I think as long as you know it's only a show and stuff it's fine. There's also some er..perverted? (for lack of a better word Sarcasm) parts in it..but it's nothing that bad. Maybe just a crude joke or something every once in a while and definitely not too bad. I'd say PG13 for the cruder parts and PG for the rest of the anime.

Lucky Star is HILARIOUS! I haven't actually finished that series but it seems like one of those shows that's just funny because it's kinda stupid and almost makes no sense. Not too much action or anything though, just humor mainly. PG.

Sgt. Frog....oh my...that is...just..so..FUNNY!! Has anyone here seen the Emperor's New School? It's that kind of stupid funny. Alien frogs that are supposed to be taking over the world but are having a heck of a time doing it. Minimal swearing but other than that it's AWESOME! PG probably Smile

Annnd..as for films..I've only ever seen the Miyazaki films and movies based of anime series so I'm not much help there...Sarcasm (Though, Naruto: Shippuden bonds is just totally awesome if you like Naruto even a little bit Wink )

Ok...I'll shut up now...
    ChocoGizmo
    ChocoGizmo

Post by ChocoGizmo Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:03 am

Wow...that was a...long post. Insulted

The only one I've actually ever heard of was Naruto. I saw the first episode, and that's all. IDK, my problem was it had a little too much action, and not enough plot.

But then again, I only saw the first episode so... :think:
    BriaB
    BriaB

Post by BriaB Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:57 am

Heh, yeah, I didn't much care for the first episode. In fact, Naruto doesn't get truly interesting until the Land of Waves arc. Water Dragons + Sasuke with Sharingan + Zabuza villain of awesomeness = totally awesome arc!

But even then..the thing about Naruto that sets it apart from other anime is that not too too much is revealed until much later in the series. Like, you know Naruto's back story and like a little bit of Sasuke's (less than half really Sarcasm) but you don't really know where it's all leading up to. In the Chuunin Exam arc you kind of find Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura's purpose but after that the rest of Part I is devoted to bringing Sasuke back to Konoha. (He becomes a rogue nin T_T) You really don't get a lot of plot until Part II (Shippuden) when the Akatsuki show up. THEN things get interesting. (And Deidara also comes then Dork dance )

I think I get waaaaaaaaay too into Naruto...but it's not every day I get to talk on and on about it. (My brother showed me the series but he could care less about my fangirly-ness for it..)
    KatnissEverdeen
    KatnissEverdeen

Post by KatnissEverdeen Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:33 pm

Dude, You make REALLY LOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG posts..... Sorry random fact but I have a hard time reading all of it... Lol
    ChocoGizmo
    ChocoGizmo

Post by ChocoGizmo Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:44 pm

BriaB wrote:Heh, yeah, I didn't much care for the first episode. In fact, Naruto doesn't get truly interesting until the Land of Waves arc. Water Dragons + Sasuke with Sharingan + Zabuza villain of awesomeness = totally awesome arc!

I see, that's relieving. Laughing

So, basically, things start to unfold making it much more plot line to even out the action? :think:

I think I get waaaaaaaaay too into Naruto...but it's not every day I get to talk on and on about it.

Heh, that's okay, well all have to geek out occasionally; whenever I see a Zelda/Miyazaki/Professor Layton geek, I find it hard to contain my geekyness. :=P:

Ambassador Poncho
    Ambassador Poncho

Post by Ambassador Poncho Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:09 pm

Watched Srgt. Frog yesterday, first time too! Its odd, goofy, and funny, never watched any other anime movies that are episodes, I have watched: Howl's moving castle,(A million times) Castle in the sky,(not as much) My naieghbor Totaro,(one or twice) and acouple others. I've seen Naruto before but never enjoyed it because its just kind of strange, and in a way violant, tried other ones but they're just stupid.
    BriaB
    BriaB

Post by BriaB Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:53 pm

dragonjms14 wrote:Watched Srgt. Frog yesterday, first time too! Its odd, goofy, and funny, never watched any other anime movies that are episodes, I have watched: Howl's moving castle,(A million times) Castle in the sky,(not as much) My naieghbor Totaro,(one or twice) and acouple others. I've seen Naruto before but never enjoyed it because its just kind of strange, and in a way violant, tried other ones but they're just stupid.

Sgt. Frog is EPICALLY hilarious! It's one of those anime that don't really seem to have a plot but kinda do and even though it sounds really corny it's actually pretty good. xD
    Ambassador Poncho
    Ambassador Poncho

Post by Ambassador Poncho Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:46 pm

I like how the frog makes its faces, its funny and weird at the same time, then in the first episode he gets his room in the basment and turns it into, like a secret base, i laughed at some parts, but then some parts are just kinda stupid.
    BriaB
    BriaB

Post by BriaB Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:10 pm

lol yeah! xD "...but if I use the Kero-ball to take over the world then I won't have enough battery power to decorate my new room for at least a week!"

just ROFL at that part Laughing
    Ambassador Poncho
    Ambassador Poncho

Post by Ambassador Poncho Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:44 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this image] Or didn't have enough battery to turn their mom into something.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 1:03 pm